Off The Record
Off the Record (OTR) Youth Counselling Croydon was founded in 1994 to provide free, independent and professional counselling for 14 – 25 year olds in the Croydon area. Since then the charity has expanded to include further areas of work including BME mental health work; a young carers service offering support to young people under 26 who are caring for a parent or sibling; a specialist counselling service for young refugees; online counselling and workshops; and their young people’s counselling service in the boroughs of Sutton and Merton.
Click the following links to see some of the services Off The Record provide:
- Counselling: Free and confidential counselling to young people aged 14-25.
- Online Support Service: Free online counselling and workshops for young people aged 14-25.
- Young Carers Service: Free help, support and information for young people aged 7-25 who live, work or study in Croydon and are caring for a family member.
- Refugee & Asylum Seeker Service: A specialist mental health service supporting young people aged 11-25 who are refugees, asylum seekers or forced migrants.
- Sutton Uplift: Primary care mental health service promoting for ages 18+.
- Support for Parents & Carers: A supportive space for parents and carers of young people struggling with self-harm.
Also click link to view the Off The Record Young Carers Service page here: Young Carers Service
Off The Record believe you:
Have a right to be respected and valued whoever you are.
Have a right to make choices and decisions about your own life.
Have the potential to live a vibrant and fulfilling life.
Off The Record will:
Keep things private and respect your confidentiality.
Listen to you in a way that is helpful and supportive.
Work hard to earn your trust rather than expect it.
Respect and understand your wishes and beliefs.
Be clear, honest and friendly.
Give you as much choice as we can.
Actively work together with you, rather than telling you how it is.
Support and challenge you to be the best that you can be.