Drug Interventions Programme (DIP) Service
The Criminal Justice team is composed practitioners who deliver Integrated Offender Management across the borough in the Croydon Magistrates Court, police stations and HMP Highdown. WDP Croydon has also a team of Through Care and Open Access workers who offer referral and signposting to other services as well as case management and structured interventions.
The Outreach team service is composed of practitioners who go out into the local community to offer support and advice to drug and alcohol users.
Croydon DIP provides the following services:
- General support and advice
- One-to-one structured support and case management of DIP clients within an Integrated Offender Management model
- Referral into drug treatment
- Advice on harm minimisation
- Blood Borne Virus services
- Prison link service
- Support with Education, Training and Employment (ETE)
- Housing advice and referral
- Advice and information about benefits
How to access the DIP service:
Target Group: Croydon residents aged 18 or over who are involved in the Criminal Justice System and in need of support regarding their substance misuse.
Referral Procedure: Self referral by phone or referrals from other agencies such as Probation, Courts, Prison and Police.