The APCMH service is for anybody who has, or is recovering from, mental illness or distress
You are welcome to:
- Come and go as they please
- Meet people who will listen when they want to talk
- Enjoy a place that will accept them as they are
- A place with clear and respectful guidelines
- Real opportunities to have a say in the running of the organisation
Open access – anybody who feels they have, or are recovering from, mental illness or distress
- Croydon APCMH is affiliated to the National APCMH, founded in 1986.
- Whilst founded by members of the Christian community, they are an open organisation and actively encourage participation of members of all faith communities and also those of no religious commitment.
- They welcome all who support our ethos of personal individual integrity.
- Their emphasis is on concern for each other first and foremost as individuals, not our mental health status.
- They are working together with others towards a better understanding of mental health, illness and distress.
- They seek to remove the barriers to acceptance and inclusion which are so of ten a part of our society.
- Mental health problems cross all boundaries of race, gender, culture, faith, social status and sexuality.