The National Centre for Domestic Violence provides a free, fast emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic violence regardless of their financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation.
Our service allows anyone who has recently suffered or been threatened with domestic violence to apply for an emergency court injunction.
This can sometimes be issued within 24 hours of making contact with us. They work in close partnership with the police, solicitors and other support agencies (Refuge, Women’s Aid etc) to help victims obtain speedy protection.
The National Centre for Domestic Violence was established in 2003 to help survivors of domestic violence and abuse obtain protection against an abuser, as well as offering services to the police, probation service, domestic abuse agency workers, the legal profession and judiciary.
They specialise in providing free, fast and effective legal support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse, usually by helping individuals obtain injunctions from their local county court. This free service is provided to everybody, regardless of their financial circumstances.
In brief, their services include:
- Free Legal Injunction service to everybody.
- Injunctions often within 24 hours.
- A large framework of Legal Aid family solicitors throughout the country.
- Emergency Prohibited Steps Orders.
- Emergency Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders.
- Direct links with Local Authorities, health centres, refuges, Women’s Aid Centres and other services.
Contact Tel: 0800 970 2070