About the Carers Information Service – informing carers in Croydon
The Carers Information Service provides information, advice and support to unpaid carers in Croydon. A carer looks after a friend, family member or neighbour who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age.
The Carers Information Service runs the Carers Support Centre in Croydon town centre, the one stop shop for carers in Croydon. They are part of The Whitgift Foundation and supported by Croydon Council.
What the Carers Information Service offer carers in Croydon:
- Carer’s Assessments is an assessment of your needs as a carer.
- Bereavement Support Group for Carers.
- Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am – 4pm).
- Casework support for carers with more complex situations.
- Drop-in Carers Cafe open on weekday mornings, 10.30am – 12.30pm for a free hot drink with access to books, newspapers and WiFi.
- Useful publications for carers and professionals who support them, including How To… A Guide for Carers in Croydon, their factsheet series telling you everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon.
- Quarterly newsletter and regular e-bulletin to help you stay up-to-date with the latest news and events.
- Regular specialist advice surgeries on benefits, debt, employment and legal advice.
- Health and wellbeing events to help you look after yourself including massage, singing and dance.
- Free workshops on practical and self-development topics including Managing Sleep, Positive Communication and much more.
- Emergency Carers Cards to give carers peace of mind.
- Local discounts for carers with the free Carers Support Centre membership card.
- Special events for carers including the annual Carers’ Information Day and Carers Week.
- Radar keys for disabled toilet access on sale for £3 at the Carers Support Centre.